Invisalign for Teens!
By the age of 13 years, most of the permanent teeth, except for the wisdom teeth, should be in. Permanent teeth will not be replaced, so remember:
Continuing good habits started in childhood is the best way for teens to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
Whether wearing braces or orthodontic appliances, a teen needs to:
- Brush twice and floss once per day (more if wearing braces).
- Reduce sugar intake (tooth decay is caused by bacteria that feed on sugar which forms acid that harms teeth).
- Beware of acid and hidden sugars in common drinks. Water is always your best choice!
- Limit snacking.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Wisdom Teeth start to erupt around the age of 18, if there is not enough room the wisdom teeth may become impacted and we may recommend removal before any future problems occur.
Some issues you should be aware of that will affect oral health:
- Eating Disorders
- Grills and Tooth Jewels
- Oral Piercing